So as you probably know I love to bake! I thought these delicious mint choc chip cupcakes would be the perfect first recipe. They are fairly simple and taste amazing! Makes 10-12 muffin sized cupcakes.
So you will need:
150g room temperature butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs beaten
115g self-raising flour
35g cocoa powder
for the icing:
200g icing sugar
100g room temperature butter
a drop of green food colouring
peppermint extract (to taste)
decorations of choice (sprinkles ,mint chocolate)
how to make
1. Preheat the oven to 180c (350f or gas mark 4) and line a muffin tin.
First cream together the butter and sugar until its light in colour and fluffy. Then gradually add in the beaten eggs a little at a time.
2. Fold in the cocoa powder and sift in the flour , be careful not to over mix because you will eliminate the air that we have created by whisking: this means the cupcakes will rise less.
3. Place spoonful's of the mixture in the cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes (mine took 18 minutes)
4. Once they are baked leave to cool (to check they are baked place a skewer or cake tester into the cakes and if it comes out clean its done.
5. To make the icing: cream the butter and icing sugar then add in some green colouring until its your preferred colour I went for quite a light green. Add the peppermint flavouring to your taste.
6.Place the icing in a piping bag and pipe a swirl alternately if you don’t have a piping bag you can just spoon the icing o the cakes. Make sure the cakes are cool before you ice them otherwise the icing will melt. Decorate with sprinkles then your finished!.
So that's it a super simple delicious recipe if any of you make this please tag me on
Instagram. I hope you enjoyed this blog and stay tuned for a possible bonus blog post,I would just like to say thank you again for all the help and support! I hope you have a nice day
Be kind,Be you